Arkansas: Become a Notary: An Arkansas Notary Public is commissioned by the Secretary of State for a 10-year term. An application fee is required.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be a citizen or a permanent resident alien of the United States.
- You must be able to read and write English.
- You cannot have had a previous Notary commission revoked in the preceding ten years
- You must purchase a surety bond of $7,500.
Requirements to become a Notary Public in Arkansas are subject to change. Visit the Arkansas State Notary Public page for details and updates on becoming a notary in Arkansas. Additional requirements may apply.