Florida: Become a Notary: A Florida Notary Public is commissioned by the Secretary of State for a 4-year term. An application fee is required.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be a legal resident of Florida now and throughout your 4-year term.
- You must be able to read, write and understand English.
- You must not have been convicted of a felony unless your civil rights have been restored.
- You must have completed three hours of notary training including electronic notarization.
Requirements to become a Notary Public in Florida are subject to change. Visit the Florida State Notary Public page for details and updates on becoming a notary in Florida. dditional requirements may apply.