Idaho: Become a Notary: A Idaho Notary Public is commissioned by the Secretary of State for a 6-year term. An application fee is required.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must reside legally or be employed in Idaho.
- You must be able to read and write English.
- You must not have been removed from office for misconduct or convicted of a serious crime within the last 10 years.
- You must obtain a rubber stamp seal and a $10,000 notary bond prior to submitting your application.
Requirements to become a Notary Public in Idaho are subject to change. Visit the Idaho State Notary Public page for details and updates on becoming a notary in Idaho. Additional requirements may apply.