Montana: Become A Notary: Montana Notaries are appointed by the Governor for a 4-year term. An application fee is required.
- Are at least 18 years of age;
- Have resided in the state of Montana for at least 30 days prior to applying;
- Have never been convicted of a felony;
- Have never had a notary commission denied, revoked, or restricted in any state;
- Have satisfactorily completed certified training course.
Requirements to become a Notary Public in Montana are subject to change. Visit the Montana Notary Public page for details and updates on becoming a notary in Montana. Additional requirements may apply.