New Hampshire: Become A Notary: New Hampshire Notaries are appointed by the Governor and Executive Council for a 5-year term. An application fee is required.
New Hampshire Requirements:
- You must be a resident of New Hampshire.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must sign a written statement under oath as to whether you have ever been convicted of a crime that has not been annulled by a court, other than minor traffic violations.
- You must have two notaries public and one registered voter of New Hampshire endorse your application for appointment.
- You must complete a State Police Records Check Form.
Requirements to become a Notary Public in New Hampshire are subject to change. Visit the New Hampshire Notary Public page for details and updates on becoming a notary in New Hampshire. Additional requirements may apply.