New Mexico: Become A Notary: New Mexico Notaries are appointed by the Governor for a 4-year term. An application fee is required.
New Mexico Requirements:
- Be a resident of New Mexico;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be able to read and write the English language;
- Not have plead guilty or nolo contendre to a felony or been convicted of a felony; and
- Not have had a Notary Public commission revoked during the past five years.
Requirements to become a Notary Public in New Mexico are subject to change. Visit the New Mexico Notary Public page for details and updates on becoming a notary in New Mexico. Additional requirements may apply.