Free “Yellow-Page” Directories
For years, people turned to the Yellow Pages to find business services. They still turn to business directories but today they frequently do their search online. As a notary public or notary signing agent, you may be familiar with directories just for notaries but don’t overlook the generic ones where you can frequently add your contact info for free. Many allow only the basics but you can beef up your plain-vanilla listing by including your GoGetNotary.com web address as a live link. Having a web address in your listing says you’re a serious professional and gives you an edge against other listings without live links.
Free directories may ask for your credit card info to verify your identity so make sure there are no charges involved. Also, after you post your information, a sales person may call to sell you upgrades. You can just say “no.” You might be added to their email list, too, but you can unsubscribe.
Here are some of the top business directories where you can add a listing for free with a live link:
- SuperPages.com. Select “Add Your Free Listing” button top right or “Free Advertising” in the footer at bottom of page.
- Google My Business – (Formerly Local, formerly Places) The most popular search tool on the Internet
- MagicYellow.com allows contact info for free but you can’t include a live link without paying for an upgrade. Still it’s a good place to have contact info.
- A mortgage directory where you can post for free in their Notary Public section: Lending Universe. Places high in Google search results. NOTE: The web address is automatically filled in with the LendingUniverse address. REPLACE that address with your GoGetNotary web page address or web site address.
- Thinking about a blog? ActiveRain.com – FREE blog account. Places high in Google search results. Be sure to include your GoGetNotary.com web page address in the Website URL field of your profile.
I hope you’re beginning to see how your web page can be the foundation for your marketing and provide opportunities for more business without costing more money.